Tycho Station Phone Cases
Inspiration for my work was one of the most beautiful stations of the Moscow Metro "Airport"! Moscow, metro station "Airport" is an object of cultural heritage Opening date: 09/11/1938 Opened as part of the second phase of the construction of the Moscow Metro The name "Airport" station was received due to the fact that not far from it was "Central airfield named. Frunze "with the first air terminal in the USSR. "Airport" became the first one-vaulted station of the Moscow metro, built in an open way, which became possible due to the small depth of the embankment - only 8.6 meters. The station was opened on September 11, 1938. Then "Stalin's Empire style" dominated in the Soviet architecture, however, the decoration of the station was markedly influenced by Art deco. The subject of Soviet aviation became the basis for the design of the station. Architects B. Vilensky and V. Ershov (with the participation of T. Weiner and V. Sdobnov) solved a difficult problem - to give a monolithic reinforced concrete, from which a vault, airiness and dynamics were built. Through the arch there are fan-shaped relief strips resembling lines of a parachute. They intersect with each other at an acute angle, which gives the station a special dynamic and lightness. These "slings", intersecting, form diamond-shaped cells, in some of which built-in cast iron grilles with the letter "M" of yellow metal.
Tags: moscow, cccp, soviet-union, metro, subway
279th Station Hospital (became US Army Hospital Berlin in 1976) The Berlin Brigade of the United States Army was a separate brigade based in Berlin; its shoulder sleeve insignia was the U.S. Army Europe patch with Berlin tab. During the Berlin Wall Crisis of 1961, the Army reorganized the command structure of the forces in Berlin and created the U.S. Army Berlin and created the Berlin Brigade from the units already in the city. The 6th Infantry Regiment, active in Germany since 1950, was reorganized in mid-1958 according to the "pentomic" structure: Each "battle group" consisted of five line (rifle) companies, a combat support company, and a headquarters & headquarters company. The Berlin Brigade had the 2d and 3d Battle Groups, 6th Infantry until 1963, when Army force structure abandoned battle groups in favor of brigades and subordinate battalions.
Tags: vet, veteran, retired, army, soldier