The 26th Engineer Battalion (Combat) was constituted as a unit of the Regular Army on December 1, 1954 and on December 2, 1954 was activated as an element of the 23rd Infantry Division at Fort Clayton, Canal Zone. At that time, the Battalion was composed of Company A which was organized February 1, 1945 as the 2920th Dump Truck Company, Company B and Headquarters Company, the initial organization for each, and Company C which was organized on April 7, 1944 as the 406th Engineer Combat Company. The 26th Engineer Battalion (Combat) was inactivated on April 10, 1956.
Tags: bn, battalion, 26th, 26, war
2nd COSCOM The 2nd Corps Support Command have provided support forward to VII Corps units for more than 20 years. The command provided combat service support to units spread over 30,000 square miles of fields and forests from 76 installations in Southern Germany. When the unit, commanded by BG Robert P. McFarlin, deployed to Saudi Arabia, only the terrain changed. Throughout Desert Shield and Desert Storm, the "Champions" provided the Jayhawk corps with logistical support. In Mid-November, COSCOM units flew from Germany and the United States to Saudi Arabia, spearheading the corps deployment. They deployed early to ensure the corps' combat units had their "beans and bullets" as they marched off the runway. Throughout Desert Shield and Desert Storm, Jayhawk soldiers had food, fuel, ammunition, water and parts enough to carry the fight to the enemy. Stateside units join COSCOM
Tags: cbt, combat, retirees, retiree, ret