Wmet Bags
Main Tag:
Description: WMET originally hit the air on March 9, 1959, as WDHF, owned by Hi-Fi systems and record store owner James DeHaan. Its call sign stood for DeHaan Hi-Fi and operated out of DeHaan's store in Evergreen Park, Illinois with its transmitter and tower in Oak Lawn. The station was primarily an easy listening format and would eventually go to a Top 40 model after changing ownership a few times. In 1976, the station's call letters were changed to WMET, while retaining its top 40 format and by 1979 had embraced an album-oriented rock (AOR) format.