Calico Jack Tapestries
Description: A monochrome, retro-style emblem featuring a pirate captain with a bandana and eyepatch, crouched between two crossed cutlasses and flintlock pistols. The text reads "CALICO JACK'S PUBLIC HOUSE FALMOUTH, JAMAICA". The background depicts a wooden structure and a starry sky within an arch.
Description: Calico Jack’s Public House opened their doors in Falmouth, Jamaica way back in 1763, though at the time of their opening, the establishment was simply called The Falmouth Public House. The tavern was allegedly founded by the son of famed pirate, John "Jack" Rackham, more commonly known as Calico Jack. W. Calvin Bonny was the offspring of Calico Jack and Anne Bonny, one of the few female pirates in recorded history. The spoils of her piracy days under Calico Jack are what afforded Calvin to return to the bustling port of Falmouth and open his tavern that would pass to his son and then grandson before being renamed Calico Jack’s Public House some time in the 1800s after the reality of piracy had been transposed with romance and excitement.
Description: Edward Teach, c. 1680 – 22 November 1718, better known as Blackbeard, was an English pirate who operated around the West Indies and the eastern coast of Britain's North American colonies. Pirates, buccaneers, corsairs, privateers, river pirates, and others involved in piracy and piracy-related activities.