Brigade Quartermaster Hoodies
The 75th Field Artillery Brigade is an artillery brigade in the United States Army. It is currently based in Fort Sill, Oklahoma and supports the III Corps. The brigade is officially tasked to train and prepares for combat; on orders deploys to any area of operations to plan, synchronize and execute combined, and joint fires and effects. Integrate attached ground and air maneuver forces and on order function as a maneuver headquarters in support of full spectrum operations.
Tags: iraq, iraqi, operation, patch, div
The 173rd Airborne Brigade Combat Team is an airborne infantry brigade combat team of the United States Army based in Vicenza, Italy. It is the United States European Command's conventional airborne strategic response force for Europe. Activated in 1915, as the 173rd Infantry Brigade the unit saw service in World War I, but is best known for its actions during the Vietnam War. The brigade was the first major United States Army ground formation deployed in Vietnam, serving there May 1965–1971 and losing almost 1,800 soldiers. Noted for its roles in Operation Hump and Operation Junction City, the 173rd is best known for the Battle of Dak To, where it suffered heavy casualties in close combat with North Vietnamese forces. Brigade members received over 7,700 decorations, including more than 6,000 Purple Hearts. The brigade returned to the United States, where it was inactivated in 1972.
The 89th Military Police Brigade is a military police brigade of the United States Army based at Fort Hood, Texas. It is a subordinate unit of III Corps. Activated in Vietnam in the midst of the Vietnam War, the unit provided military police services for two corp-sized forces operating in the region. It played a supporting role throughout the entire conflict, staying in theater for the entire war and earning fifteen campaign streamers.
Tags: soldier, retired, veteran, vet, policeman
Activated in 1915, as the 173rd Infantry Brigade the unit saw service in World War I, but is best known for its actions during the Vietnam War. The brigade was the first major United States Army ground formation deployed in Vietnam, serving there May 1965–1971 and losing almost 1,800 soldiers. Noted for its roles in Operation Hump and Operation Junction City, the 173rd is best known for the Battle of Dak To, where it suffered heavy casualties in close combat with North Vietnamese forces. Brigade members received over 7,700 decorations, including more than 6,000 Purple Hearts. The brigade returned to the United States, where it was inactivated in 1972.
Tags: invasion, wwii, div, division, thirteenth
The 244th Aviation Brigade became a component of the 11th Theater Aviation Command when the command activated on 16 September 2007. At that time, a number of units which were formerly under the brigade were transferred away and several units within the brigade were reconsolidated. Until the transfer, the 244th Aviation Brigade was the largest aviation brigade in the United States Army and continues to be the only aviation brigade in the United States Army Reserve.
Tags: iraq, iraqi, operation, patch, div
The 500th Military Intelligence Brigade is a unit of the United States Army and subordinate to the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command. Its mission is to provide tailored, multi-disciplined intelligence and intelligence capabilities in support of USARPAC and other Commands, to defeat adversaries, promote regional stability, support partners and allies, and protect US interests. The 500th is headquartered at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
Tags: iraq, iraqi, operation, patch, div
The 189th Infantry Brigade is an Infantry brigade of the United States Army based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It is a training brigade subordinate to First Army. Originally organized as a part of the 95th Infantry Division for World War I, the brigade never saw combat in that conflict. Kept active and in the reserve through much of the 20th century, the brigade in name was reorganized into a different unit for fighting during World War II. Seeing numerous moves, activations and deactivations, the brigade has been used principally as a training unit for most of its existence. Reactivated again in 2006, the brigade is now primarily responsible for training provincial reconstruction teams and their supporting elements for deployment to the War in Afghanistan.
Tags: 189, 189th, infantry, in, inf
The 3rd Chemical Brigade was first constituted on 1 January 1942 as the 3rd Chemical Battalion. It was activated at Fort Benning, Georgia. The unit was reorganized and redesignated as the 3rd Chemical Mortar Battalion on 11 March 1945. It was inactivated on 2 January 1946 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia. The unit reactivated at Fort Bragg, North Carolina on 18 September 1950, but again inactivated there on 5 February 1953. On 20 September 1989, the unit was disbanded. The unit reconstituted on 1 October 1999 in the Regular Army and was redesignated as 3rd Chemical Brigade. Command of the unit was transferred to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, and activated at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
Tags: 3rd, chem, chemical, bde, brigade
Constituted 24 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3348th Signal Service Group, and activated in France Inactivated 13 March 1946 in France Activated 9 May 1946 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey Redesignated 14 March 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2d Signal Service Group Allotted 1 March 1949 to the Regular Army Reorganized and redesignated 16 December 1949 as Headquarters, 2d Signal Service Group Reorganized and redesignated 25 March 1953 as Headquarters, 2d Signal Group Inactivated 4 April 1955 at Camp Gordon, Georgia Redesignated 27 April 1961 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 2d Signal Group Activated 21 June 1961 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina Inactivated 23 October 1971 at Fort Lewis, Washington Activated 1 June 1974 in Germany Redesignated 1 October 1979 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2d Signal Brigade.
Tags: military, unit, insignia, vet, veteran
The 130th Engineer Brigade is an engineer brigade of the United States Army based in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii. It provides engineering support to the United States Army Pacific command. The brigade specializes in bridging operations. The brigade traces its lineage back to an engineering regiment active during World War II, but the brigade itself did not see action until the mid-1990s. As a part of the V Corps for most of the Cold War, the brigade was stationed in western Europe for decades as a deterrent to a possible Soviet invasion. It finally saw action during Operation Joint Endeavor, providing bridging assistance for the international force in the Bosnia region. Several years later, the brigade was the primary engineering component during the invasion of Iraq in 2003. With numerous difficulties, the brigade was forced to take on several unexpected missions during its year in Iraq. It saw a second tour in 2005 and a third in 2009 in which it once again was the primary engineering component in the country. The brigade deployed to Afghanistan as the Theater Engineer Brigade in support of Operation Enduring Freedom from 2013-2014. The brigade had a long history of supporting V Corps of United States Army Europe from 1969 until 2007, during which it was based at Warner Barracks in the Bavarian town of Bamberg, Germany. That ended when the brigade was relocated to Hawaii to support United States Army Pacific as part of a major restructuring plan of the US Army. Reactivated in 2008, the brigade is currently at home in Hawaii.
Tags: agent-carter, star, 6th, pers, personnel
279th Station Hospital (became US Army Hospital Berlin in 1976) The Berlin Brigade of the United States Army was a separate brigade based in Berlin; its shoulder sleeve insignia was the U.S. Army Europe patch with Berlin tab. During the Berlin Wall Crisis of 1961, the Army reorganized the command structure of the forces in Berlin and created the U.S. Army Berlin and created the Berlin Brigade from the units already in the city. The 6th Infantry Regiment, active in Germany since 1950, was reorganized in mid-1958 according to the "pentomic" structure: Each "battle group" consisted of five line (rifle) companies, a combat support company, and a headquarters & headquarters company. The Berlin Brigade had the 2d and 3d Battle Groups, 6th Infantry until 1963, when Army force structure abandoned battle groups in favor of brigades and subordinate battalions.
Tags: vet, veteran, retired, army, soldier
The 56th Cavalry Brigade was a brigade of the Texas Army National Guard. Its legacy is carried by the modern-day 56th Infantry Brigade Combat Team. As part of a post First World War reorganization plan in 1919 the 51st through 59th Brigades were created and designated by the US Army as separate National Guard Cavalry Brigades, although they were notional units that existed mostly on paper. In 1936 new National Guard Cavalry Divisions were fashioned from pairing up the Cavalry Brigades. They formed the 21st (51st and 59th Cavalry Brigades), the 22nd (52d and 54th Cavalry Brigades), 23d (53d and 55th Cavalry Brigades), and the 24th (57th and 58th Cavalry Brigades) Cavalry Divisions. The remaining 56th Cavalry Brigade was designated a non-divisional Cavalry Brigade. In 1940, the US Government began considering the value of cavalry troops on the modern 20th Century battlefield. Although the fledgeling Armored Force was sorely in need of troops and funding, the Regular Army deemed the National Guard incapable of maintaining and repairing complex vehicles and the state governments and attendant National Guard and State Militia units refused to give up horse cavalry units. In November of 1940, the National Guard cavalry units were disbanded and its elements reorganized as mechanized and armored units. This left the 56th Cavalry Brigade as the sole remaining horse-cavalry unit. Its elements were the 112th and 124th Cavalry Regiments. Army Ground Forces eliminated the 56th Cavalry Brigade when no use for it developed overseas. Finally, in mid-1944, the Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 56th Cavalry Brigade, became the 56th Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized. Its headquarters troop became the 56th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized, but did not see combat. The former brigade's cavalry regiments went on to fight in the Pacific and China-Burma-India theaters.
Tags: agent-carter, mexico, new, cavalry, penn