The 70th Infantry Division ("Trailblazers") was a unit of the United States Army in World War II, spearheading the Seventh United States Army's drive into Germany, south of Saarbrücken.Activated at Camp Adair, Oregon, in 1943, the 70th Division served throughout World War II in the European Theater of Operations, but was deactivated in October 1945, following its return to the United States. The division was reactivated as a combat unit in 1952, and in May 1959 reorganized as the 70th Division (Training) in Detroit, Michigan then moved to Fraser, Michigan.In 1979 the command was redesignated as the 70th Regiment (Infantry One Station Unit Training), 70th Division (Training). The command was formally inactivated in Michigan on Nov. 15, 1996 and the 124th Army Reserve Command (ARCOM) adopted the division title and history the next day. In 2000 the 70th Regional Support Command became the 70th Regional Readiness Command and began developing a history and relationship with the 70th ID soldiers and association.The name "Trailblazers" originated from the pioneers moving west into Oregon and "blazing" trails through the thick evergreen forests of the Pacific Northwest. The 70th Infantry Division adopted the "Trailblazer" title when they were activated in 1943. They became known as the Trailblazer Division.
soldier, policeman, ribbon, platoon, company